2023-24 Afterschool Programs Group Leader
- Prior childcare experience preferred.
- Mandarin, Cantonese, Fujianese or Spanish language skills helpful but not required.
- Responsible for day-to-day guidance, care, and safety of a group of children/youth in an afterschool environment.
- Help and support students with their homework.
- Plan, develop, and implement enrichment activities and/or theme-based project that are engaging, purposeful, developmentally appropriate,and aligned with our program. These will include existing ISS-developed curricula and lesson ideas as well as group leader-developed activities.Training, guidance, and assessment will be provided.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with youth participants of diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Proactively communicate regularly with program site leadership staff about any issues, including but not limited to behavioral challenges, scheduling, and curricula.
- Attendance at professional development and training and designated meetings as required.
How to Apply
This is a part-time/contract position for the 2023-24 school year that follows the NYC DOE academic calendar. Must be available during afterschool hours, Monday–Friday, 2:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Flexible days, but five days a week is preferred.Apply Now