Director, Youth & Family
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking a Director, Youth & Family. The Director for Youth and Family is responsible for the oversight of McBurney youth, teen and family programs. This role involves managing off-site programs Y Afterschool at PS 33 & PS 41 and providing leadership for an array of program initiatives from family gym time, after school program to summer day camp.
- BA /BS in Education.
- 3-5 years leadership experience running youth and family programs.
- Youth Development Principles.
- First Aid / CPR.
- Child Abuse Prevention.
- Program Planning & Evaluation.
- Oversight of all Youth, Teen and Family Programs.
- Manage program sites and ensure that program goals and outcomes are met in compliance with government contracts.
- Manage and train staff who implements all Association and program policies for safety and quality.
- Serve as a liaison with school and community partners.
- Build strong program content in education, physical fitness and cultural awareness through all program areas.
- Oversee all reporting to the Association Office, funders and government contracts.
- Develop community partnerships that result in strong program content.
- Meet budget goals and operating net for all departments.
- Effectively market programs in the community to achieve enrollment targets with a focus on SACC and summer camp.
- Work with the Board of Managers.