Educational Director - Laurie Cumbo Pre-K Children's Enrichment Center
The Educational Director is responsible for the managing the program including meeting all contractual obligations and ensuring that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations including DOE, DOHMH, and FDNY. The Educational Director provides consistent supervision and management for all aspects of high quality program services delivery to clients from vulnerable populations in accordance with funder and regulatory requirements; best practices; BCS policies and Core Values. Serve as a role model to all stakeholders.
BCS and Turning Point require that all employees entering the workplace be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption is granted as a medical or religious accommodation.
- Manage Staff, manage and coordinate curricula, ensure ongoing professional development, manage budget; Provide lesson planning support and educational professional coaching to teachers
- Ensure full implementation of the curriculum with a focus on child-centered, play-based, developmentally appropriate learning and instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure best practices in early childhood literacy. Ensure full utilization of Teaching Strategies Gold to measure children's progress
- Observe classrooms frequently and develop and implement interventions based on observations
- Plan, develop, and implement staff training and individual staff development plans to ensure quality services
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up-to-date on preschool standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents and families regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Develop relationships with families and engage in continual communication, especially regarding transition planning and community resources
- Conduct outreach to other community programs; develop program linkages; network to ensure broad community awareness of the program, thus achieving full program utilization
- Conduct outreach to ensure full enrollment of the program
How to Apply
All interested applicants should apply through our website, See URL and provide their up-to-date resume, complete the application and include a cover letter.