Educational Specialist- EHS - Family Child Care
Early Head Start and Family Child Care services in a single program that offers full-day home-based childcare services, family support services and advocacy to low-income families with children under four years of age. The program provides developmentally appropriate home-based child-care, and home visits to families and family childcare providers.
HOURS: 35 HOURS PER WEEK
Salary: Mid to High 40s, plus generous benefits
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field
- Knowledge of child development birth to three years old
- Strong writing and communication skills
- At least one year of classroom experience and/or curriculum development for infants and toddlers.
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Responsible for implementing appropriate curriculum in home-based Family Child Care programs by developing curriculum, teaching, and modeling for providers how to lesson plan and implement lessons, to support mixed age groups, children with special needs, and behavioral management.
- Responsible for providing enhanced home visits to Family Child Care Providers serving Early Head Start children in home-based childcare programs.
- Responsible for providing on-site training to Family Child Care Providers addressing all areas of child development, curriculum planning, daily routines, physical environment, etc.
- Responsible for coaching childcare providers to complete developmental assessments and support in Practice Based Coaching.
- Update and maintain child observations in My Teaching Strategies.
- Maintain proper documentation of visits and child development
- Experiences available to enrolled children.
- Assist in the recruitment of families for the program.
- Assist childcare providers with technical support.
- Assist during parent workshops.
- Maintain proper documentation for each provider in alignment with program enrollment regulations.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities.
How to Apply
Apply with link below.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. All University Settlement employees are COVID-19 vaccinated in accordance with the laws set for by the City and State of New YorkApply Now