Full time Youth Coordinator - Lower East Side
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance and Retirement Plan with matching.
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly detail oriented team player, self-starter with the ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of professionalism and tact
- Excellent leadership, planning, strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong data management skills and social media platform knowledge a plus.
- Problem Solver
- Team player
- Embraces Diversity Ethics
- Good Judgment and Professionalism
- Time management
Program Development and Facilitation (50% of Time)
- Work with Site Director to develop and implement programs relevant to the needs of the youth aged 12-18 years old
- Develop programs, activities, and initiatives in all the five pillars on an ongoing basis
- Along with staff team, plan, organize and participate in New Life’s Friday Night Live meetings, weekend retreats, camps, and trips
- Contact Work/Tabling – Establishing new contacts with teenagers by canvasing community centers, parks, homes, schools, and local gathering spots
- Contact follow-up: Complete process of follow-up within given time frame with the goal of site visitation and registration for all contacts made
- Coach, mentor, and disciple New Lifer’s in small groups and 1-on-1 interactions
- Attend monthly all staff meetings and Participate in daily strategy and debrief meetings with Site staff
- In the absence of the Site Director, manage the Site staff.
- Keep records of supplies and identify the need to (re)order supplies and equipment
Provide a weekly narrative report on status of goals and objectives, site updates with statistics, pictures, and stories of youth attendance, activities, and participation level.
- Contact parents or guardians of New Lifers to register and obtain permission for trips or events and to invite families to schedule events