Group Leader- Afterschool - 175 Eldridge
Be the Change: Engage, Inspire, Lead!
Who We Are
We're a longstanding beacon for the community, partnering with 40,000 New Yorkers every year. For over 130 years, we've been a place where communities come together to grow and thrive. University Settlement is seeking passionate and dynamic Group Leaders to foster a nurturing environment for our community.
Why You'll Love This Role:
- Competitive Pay: Earn $17.50/hr while gaining valuable experience.
- Professional Development: Enjoy extensive training in youth development, classroom management, and more!
- Impactful Work: Lead and design engaging activities that contribute to the growth and well-being of every child.
- Growth Opportunities: University Settlement is a place where your career can flourish. Grow with us!
- As a Group Leader you'll lead fun activities, help with homework, and be a role model for up to 20 kids. Your energy and creativity will bring learning to life!
Ready to make a difference while building your future? Apply now to become a Group Leader at University Settlement!
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law
- Have a HS Diploma or HSE (current college enrollees encouraged!)
- Are experienced with or interested in working with the middle and high school population.
- Are committed to making a positive impact over the entire school year.
- Are over 18 and bring a highly energetic, dynamic, and positive attitude to the team.
- Ignite imagination and learning through engaging activities for up to 20 youth.
- Craft and execute lesson plans that incorporate the arts, sciences, and more, adapting to the vibrant feedback of our students.
- Provide crucial academic assistance, guiding and encouraging every child in their studies.
- Serve as a beacon of positivity and professionalism, inspiring our youth daily.
- Collaborate effectively with our dedicated team, ensuring a harmonious and safe environment.
- Engage with parents and guardians, being a key part of our community’s trust and growth.
How to Apply
Apply belowApply Now