Group Leader- Brooklyn
- Qualified applicants will hold a high school diploma or HSE certification,
- Must be highly energetic, dynamic, and positive,
- Must be over 18 years old, and must have experience working with middle and high school students.
- Current enrollment in college is a plus.
- Group leaders will create and lead engaging activities for up to 20 youth,
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of students throughout the program;
- Design and implement lesson plans for multidisciplinary activities using knowledge of positive youth development;
- Communicate with parents and caregivers regarding student progress;
- Serve as a positive role model for youth and uphold professional behavior at all times, among other duties.
- Further, Group Leaders are given various trainings throughout the year such as principles of youth development, growth mindset, social/ emotional learning, de-escalation techniques, behavior management, and classroom facilitation. This position also has the potential for growth opportunities at University Settlement.
How to Apply
We are now hiring for group leaders in youth development programs in Manhattan. This is a high priority search and qualified candidates will be interviewed quickly. Click on the links below to apply directly for the positions that interest you.
Group Leader positions in Brooklyn, New York
Group Leader- Ingersoll Cornerstone reporting 177 Myrtle Avenue
Apply for Group Leader- Ingersoll Cornerstone
Group Leader- MS340 reporting to 227 Sterling Place
Apply for Group Leader- MS340
Group Leader – Atlantic Terminal reporting to 501 Carlton Avenue :
Apply for Group Leader- Atlantic Terminal
Group Leader – PS133 reporting to 610 Baltic Street:
Apply for Group Leader- PS133
Group Leader – After School PS130 reporting to 70 Ocean Parkway:
Apply for Group Leader- After School PS130
Group Leader – SONYC Fort Greene reporting to 100 Clermont Avenue:
Group Leader- SONYC Fort Greene
Group Leader - After School PS219 reporting to 1060 Clarkson Ave:
Group Leader- After School PS219
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply Now