Group Leader- Manhattan
- Qualified applicants will hold a high school diploma or HSE certification,
- Must be highly energetic, dynamic, and positive, must be over 18 years old,
- Must have experience working with middle and high school students.
- Current enrollment in college is a plus.
- Group leaders will create and lead engaging activities for up to 20 youth,
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of students throughout the program;
- Design and implement lesson plans for multidisciplinary activities using knowledge of positive youth development;
- Communicate with parents and caregivers regarding student progress;
- Serve as a positive role model for youth and uphold professional behavior at all times, among other duties.
- Further, Group Leaders are given various trainings throughout the year such as principles of youth development, growth mindset, social/ emotional learning, de-escalation techniques, behavior management, and classroom facilitation.
- This position also has the potential for growth opportunities at University Settlement.
How to Apply
We are now hiring for group leaders in youth development programs in Manhattan. This is a high priority search and qualified candidates will be interviewed quickly. Click on the links below to apply directly for the positions that interest you.
Group Leader positions in Manhattan, New York
Group Leader – Houston Street Center reporting to 273 Bowery
Apply for Group Leader- Houston Street Center
Group Leader – Campos Plaza reporting to 611 East 13th Street:
Apply for Group Leader- Campos Plaza
Group Leader – After School-SONYC-ESCHS reporting to 420 East 12th St:
Apply for Group Leader- Afterschool SONYC ESCHS
Group Leader – Beacon @ ESCHS reporting to 420 East 12th St:
Apply for Group Leader- Beacon
Group Leader – After School – PS63 reporting to 121 East 3rd Street
Apply for Group Leader- Afterschool PS63
Group Leader – PS134 reporting to 293 East Broadway:
Apply for Group Leader- PS134
Group Leader – SONYC ICE reporting to 345 East 15th St:
Apply for Group Leader- SONYC ICE
Group Leader – SONYC PS34 reporting to 730 East 12th Street:
Apply for Group Leader- SONYC PS34
Group Leader – Afterschool reporting to 175 Eldridge Street
Apply for Group Leader- Afterschool
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.