Part-time Youth Advisor
The payrate for this position is $30 an hour.
- Undergraduate Degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- At least 3 years of experience in education, youth faith formation, human services, social work within the public sector, or community outreach.
- Experience working with New York City youth from a variety of backgrounds in formal and informal settings.
- Experience administering programs with youth in community, church, or school settings.
- Ensure health, safety, and wellbeing of Trinity Youth members by providing close supervision of assigned activities.
- Support and facilitate learning opportunities in a safe and productive environment for youth programs in Trinity Program Spaces and while traveling.
- Support programs and advocacy opportunities that amplify youth voices and allow youth to develop critical thinking skills that promote youth choice and self-advocacy.
- Instruct and mentor youth participants.
- Ensure all participants sign in and out on a daily basis.
- Ensure returns of surveys, applications, and other important documentation.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Trinity’s emergency and safety procedures and take appropriate actions for emergency situations onsite and during field trips.
- Create an environment that is safe, culturally sensitive, and relevant to the needs of youth participants.
- Work closely with Trinity’s Operations Team to deliver meals and snacks for youth activities.
- Coordinate with Trinity’s Neighborhood Outreach team to connect Youth in need to available resources at Trinity and across New York City.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required by the Senior Program Manager and Priest for Youth and Family.
- Follow and maintain health and safety guidelines per the CDC and Trinity Policy.
- With Operations, Facilities, and Security, ensure proper set-up and breakdown for Youth activities.
- Maintain current certifications for youth safety, health, and compliance per Trinity’s guidelines and policies.
- Pursue a professional development plan with support from the Youth & Community Care team.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission, vision, and core values.