Senior Director for Programs
- At least 10-15 years of professional experience and 5-10 years in senior leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experience managing growing organizations.
- Superior organizational, budgeting and project management skills.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills and excellent project management skills with an understanding of organizational development and change management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with senior management at other nonprofit organizations.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree preferred, but exceptional candidates without an advanced degree will be considered.
- Knowledge of and experience with nonprofit financial management, in either a staff or board capacity.
- A self-starter who takes the initiative and works independently.
- Comfort and demonstrated ability to speak effectively on behalf of Studio Institute in public
- Experience working with artists, cultural organizations, and school staff.
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skills.
- Accountability and responsiveness to colleagues and partners.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detailed reporting with the ability to set and meet defined goals.
- Must have a head for technology and have proficiency in using technology platforms including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and digital communication platforms (MS Teams, Zoom, Google Meets).
- Lead program managers on all matters of program administration
- In collaboration with the President, hire and supervise full and part time staff as well as consultants
- Develop and track contracts and deliverables, including ensuring that staff reports are timely and provide sufficient details, stories, data, and other metrics to communicate Studio Institutes work
- Be focused on outcomes and results, understanding what resources are needed to reach quarterly/annual targets with the ability to create plans to overcome challenges and setbacks; monitor long and short-term goals
- Develop budgets and oversee expenses
- Oversee contracting with organizations, artists, and agencies
- Strengthen partnerships with organizations, schools, and government agencies
- Act as interim manager when there are manager vacancies
- Serve as lead for professional learning opportunities
- Oversee the collection of program assessments and statistics and analyze program data
- Coordinate staff reports and development submissions
How to Apply
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. Studio Institute is seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a proven record of accomplishment. The projected compensation is in the $125K - $150K range, plus benefits. This role operates from NYC and supports local, regional, and national programs in several US cities. It may include some evening and weekend hours.
Vacations are not permitted from July- August 24 due to intensive summer program contracts.
For more information about Studio Institute, please visit their website at www.studioinstitute.org
The Studio Institute has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Anne McCarthy or
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Please put “Studio Institute Senior Director” in the subject line of your e-mailed application.
Studio Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Studio Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. All qualified applications will be given equal opportunity and selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.