Summer Camp Staff
- Minimum High School Diploma / GED Preferred for Assistant Group Leaders,
- Minimum High School Diploma / GED Required for Group Leaders.
- Two years of college or a BA strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience working with youth.
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to complete medical and DOHMH/DOE clearances and fingerprints.
- Ability to work from the start of Camp, Early July until Mid August (the exact end date depends on the assigned camp site)
- Activity Instructors must show experience and competency in the material they would like to instruct.
- Ability to lead and participate in group activities, sports, and recreation.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
Application and Onboarding Timeline
January 29th: Summer Camp Application Opens (Rolling Admission)
February 26th: Information Sessions & Pre-Screens will begin
March 25th: Face-to-Face Interviews will begin
April 10th: Selected Candidates will be notified and scheduled for clearances
May 14th: Last Day to submit Application (May be placed on waitlist)
June 3rd: Trainings will begin for those who are cleared.
July 8th: Start of Summer Camp for those who are cleared.
- Assist the Group Leader and Activity Instructors with activities, including sports, movement, and recreation, educational activities and arts and crafts.
- Plan and facilitate integrated learning, recreational, arts and developmentally appropriate activities for youth.
- Collaborate with and direct program aides.
- Complete required documentation.
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills.
- Ensure a safe and engaging group environment.