Tutor- College Passport
- Math- including Math, word problems, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, probability/statistics, SAT prep
- English- including Reading comprehension, essay writing, grammar, SAT Prep in English or Literature
- Students will generally be preparing for one of the following exams, so prior Experience in: New York State Regents or SAT
- Minimum Hours and schedule will vary, and change based on program needs. This is a part-time position grant-funded during the school year.
- The time will vary but will typically take place within the school day or after-school.
- Tutors in our school program should be available weekdays from 1-6pm and/or Saturday from 9:00AM- 3PM
- Positions are available for a minimum of 6 hours per week for up to 15 hours per week.
- College degree or extensive experience as a tutor or teacher for high school students. Current college students with strong academic records in the content area you intend to tutor are welcome.
- Skilled in teaching in a subject area and SAT - Literature
- Interest in working with urban youth, and sensitivity to the needs and interests of the diverse young people.
- Knowledgeable of and able to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Prior work or volunteer experience with adolescents preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus (French, Spanish or Chinese preferred) Language will change based on program needs
- Basic computer skills.
- Conduct weekly sessions with students who request or are assigned to tutoring
- Deliver academic intervention or tutoring in one-on-one or small group sessions, depending on need
- Check in with supervisor regarding the progress of each student
- Attend periodic meetings with classroom teachers and other program staff to coordinate instruction
- Maintain basic documentation (sign-in sheet) for all tutoring sessions.
- Other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Apply with link below.Apply Now