March 09, 2020
PASE Events & COVID-19 Update
Posted by Tania Ortiz-Ashby
Like all of you, PASE is monitoring the evolving Coronavirus public health situation and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our staff and colleagues. These steps include increasing our cleaning schedule of shared spaces and materials, for example. We have found the NYC Department of Health website and the World Health Organization website to be particularly helpful.
With the information we have today, we will continue to run trainings and meetings for the foreseeable future. However, this may change quickly - any update will be posted to our website. We have implemented the following policies and procedures, which we ask all guests to our office to follow:
- If you have any symptoms of illness, however mild, please stay home. We can help you find other opportunities for training when you feel better. If your agency has asked you to attend, please let us know if you need help communicating with them about the need to prioritize safety.
- PASE will not penalize any workshop registrant who is unable to attend a workshop. Please do let us know if you do not plan to attend, when possible.
- We ask that all guests wash hands upon arrival and again when leaving our space.
- We will NOT serve coffee or food at our meetings and events, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- In the event that NYC public schools are closed, PASE events will also be cancelled. Because this situation is changing each day, please check PASE’s website for up-to-date information.
Above all, we will continue to hold ourselves accountable for supporting the communities with which we work. We condemn the use of Coronavirus as a tool of racism and xenophobia. Our field is at its strongest when we stand united in our efforts to help children and youth thrive. Please be in touch with us if there is anything PASE can do to support you in this effort.
--- The PASE Team