It is critical for youth to learn to structure their spending and plan for the future, to develop the discipline early in life. This workshop will help staff teach their youth to set and keep goals through budgeting and establishing priorities. Topics include:
- Assessing your money values and how it affects spending
- To understand the importance of keeping a budget to prevent overspending
- How to develop a budget to live within your means
- Establishing and maintaining goals for saving
- Opening a bank account
- Tools and tips to stay on track (ie. Budget worksheets, apps)
This session is intended for staff providing financial literacy support and training to high school age youth.
Fostering Financial Literacy for Youth is a four-part workshop series designed to equip afterschool program staff with the knowledge, tools and resources to teach their high-school age youth to become financially savvy and in control of their financial futures. Participants will be provided with provided financial literacy resources and lesson plans. The training includes a training of trainer session to help in transferring the information to youth. Fostering Financial Literacy for Youth is funded by Voya.