Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Job Developer
The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Job Developer must have a Youth Development focus on Leadership and Education Development for young people from ages 14-24 and their families. The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Job Developer must also have clear interpersonal skills in designing and implementing a strategy to identify, recruit work sites that are career focused for a diverse population of youth. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) Job Developer to work out of our HQ offices located in Halem, NY.
This is a full-time temporary position working Monday through Friday in the morning and afternoon.
- Prior student at a state-accredited university/college and a minimum of 2 years in a related field.
- Knowledge of issues facing adolescents, how to create and implement groups, workshops, and events.
- Motivated, creative, proactive team player with a “can do” approach to projects.
- Commitment to and belief in our core mission to support young people to and through college.
- Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- As a condition of employment, employees must have proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
- Manage and create a portfolio of jobs for teens during the summer.
- Follow-through with work sites with completion of appropriate documentation to maintain compliance with the DYCD SYEP contract.
- Develop relationships with community groups and organizations, school personnel and linkage partners, making referrals when necessary.
- Perform additional duties as required.
How to Apply