January 24, 2022
NEW Online Professional Development Opportunity
Posted by Tania Ortiz-Ashby
PASE is piloting professional development that combines self-paced learning and live online sessions, and we want you to be a part of it!
We have partnered with Change Up Learning to provide free access to a series - DEI for Managers.
This series will focus on the role leaders can play in bringing an equity lens to management in their organizations. The series will include pre-work completed online and two 2-hour live virtual sessions. During each session, participants will have time to review their organizations' practices and policies against the best practices presented to identify ways to advance equity in their organizations. The audience is executive directors and senior staff with hiring/supervision responsibilities.
- Pre-Work: Self-paced Intro to Equity and Inclusion and Intro to Antiracism (3 hours)
- Live Virtual Sessions:
- Part 1: Overview and Recruitment: Hiring and Onboarding, March 2, 2022, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM ET
- Part 2: Culture and HR: Professional Learning, Mentorship, and Performance Reviews, March 9, 2022, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM ET
Who Should Participate?
Executive directors and senior staff with hiring and supervision responsibilities are welcome to participate. This combination of asynchronous and synchronous format works best for learners who are self-motivated and can allocate time to complete the pre-work and attend the two live virtual sessions.
How to Participate
Please complete the following brief application by or before February 1, 2022 11:59 PM ET. Space in the program is limited.
Once applications are reviewed, PASE will contact you. If accepted, you will receive a link to the platform and free access to the pre-work. We will automatically register you for the March 2 and 9 sessions that take place via Zoom Meetings.
What to Expect?
If accepted, you will receive your unique link from PASE:
- Create your account on the Change Up Learning website
- Complete your profile.
- Complete the DEI for Managers prework – approximately 3 hours. This portion of the session is asynchronous and can be completed anytime, anywhere at your own pace between February 7 and March 1, 2022.
- Attended the two live, virtual sessions on March 2 and 9, 2022 from 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM ET.
- Upon completion of the series, you will receive a certificate of completion for up to 7 hours that count towards SACC training topics 3 and 5.
- Participate in PASE's virtual focus group (optional).
As part of your participation in the series, we ask that you join an optional virtual focus group on March 21, 2022, from 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM ET to share your experience taking the online course and any recommendations you may have for future offerings. Registration information to follow.